Why not become a member and develop your passion for photography?
South Liverpool Photographic Society extends a warm welcome to anyone who enjoys photography – why not join us and become part of a friendly group that shares this interesting and varied hobby.
Meetings are held every Thursday evening from September to June at CADWA Hall in Childwall, with some meetings online via ZOOM plus organised meet-ups of members when we go out with our cameras and take photographs of a particular place or subject. Take a look at the syllabus page to see the current programme of events.
Members pay an annual fee of £75 which includes:
- Over 40 meetings per year with presentations from professional and amateur photographers showing different photography techniques and genres plus some inspirational photographs. Also practical sessions and informal critique evenings.
- The chance to enter your print and digital photographs into all SLPS competitions – 6 monthly competitions and 5 different annual competitions, as well the opportunity to represent the club in regional and national competitions.
- Annual exhibition of members’ photographs held during the summer where prints are displayed and digital images are shown on a screen. In 2023 the exhibition is at Wilkinson’s Cameras shop in Bold Street, Liverpool from July 31 to Aug 06
- Summer season of social events including outings to places and events around Merseyside and beyond.
- Being part of a friendly group of people who exchange ideas and advice to help everyone improve their photography skills and knowledge.