2018 Merseyside Life Digital Competition
To celebrate Liverpool being awarded the title, Capital of Culture 2008, an inaugural competition was introduced with the prize of a newly designed trophy. This competition has now been renamed the ‘Merseyside Life’ competition.
The competition is a digital competition with all entries to be digitally submitted.
This competition is to be an open competition revolving around the theme,
People Places and Events
Hand in date for entries is Thursday March 22nd 2018
1. All entries must be submitted in a JPG digital format in the 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels @ 72 dpi format sRGB
2. Any one member can submit a maximum of 6 images.
3. Colour, Mono, and digitally manipulated images are acceptable.
4. Any entry submitted must have been taken during the 12 month period preceding the hand in date of the competition. The EXIF Data for each image must be made available to the Committee on request.
5. All entries must be submitted, by the hand in date, either via an upload to the SLPS competition email address, or for those unable to upload their images, members can submit entries on a CD. Any late entries will not be accepted.
6. All images submitted must have been taken in the Merseyside area.
7. All entries must be the sole work of the author.
8. Entries will only be accepted from SLPS members who are paid up members for the syllabus season 2017/18
9. Images that are entered into the Merseyside Life Competition (or similar images) must NOT have been entered in ANY previous club competition.
10. After the Merseyside Life Competition, images submitted in the competition may be used in all other club competitions .
11. The winner will receive the Merseyside Life Trophy. There will be an award of certificates for 2nd and 3rd Places, with commendations given for other outstanding images.
12. All images entered into this competition will be available for the society to use, at the society’s discretion.
13. The Committee reserves the right to remove any images that are not deemed acceptable to the rules and guidance of this competition as specified.