Merseyside Life Competition
To celebrate Liverpool being awarded the title Capital of Culture in 2008, a competition was introduced with the prize of a newly designed trophy. This competition has now been renamed the ‘Merseyside Life’ competition.
Merseyside Life is a digital image competition on the theme of Merseyside Life – People, Places and Events
The hand in date for entries is Thursday 17 March 2022
1. All entries must be submitted in a JPG digital format, sized 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels @ 72 dpi format sRGB
2. Any one member can submit a maximum of 6 images.
3. Colour, Mono or digitally manipulated images are acceptable.
4. Any entry submitted must have been taken during the 12 month period preceding the hand in date of the competition. The EXIF Data for each image must be made available to the Committee on request.
5. All entries must be submitted, by the hand in date, by email to email@example.com
For those unable to email their images, members can submit entries on a CD. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. All images submitted must have been taken in the Merseyside area.
7. All entries must be the sole work of the author.
8. Entries will only be accepted from paid-up SLPS members for the current season.
9. Images entered into the Merseyside Life Competition (or similar images) must NOT have been entered in ANY previous club competition.
10. After the Merseyside Life Competition, images may be used in all other club competitions.
11. The winner will receive the Merseyside Life Trophy. There will be an award of certificates for 2nd and 3rd Places, with commendations given for other outstanding images.
12. All images entered into this competition will be available for the society to use, at the society’s discretion.
13. The Committee reserves the right to remove any images that are not deemed acceptable to the rules and guidance of this competition as specified.
File naming instructions: member number space title
e.g. 28 Anglican Cathedral
Click here to download entry form